Well, that's easy!
Click the link I send to your email, and you’re in the virtual waiting room. I’ll find you there, and we’ll begin. You can use any device that has a camera, microphone, speaker, and the internet.
Online counseling services are great for anyone who wants the benefits of counseling with the convenience of the internet.
Who uses this service?
- People who want to see me from their offices
- People who are on the road a lot
- Homeschooled teenagers
- People who don’t live in my area, but they want a counselor who specializes in working with gifted people.
- People without a Gifted Specialist.
- People who prefer to stay at home for whatever reason: traffic, parking, health, child care, etc.
- People who like being in the comfort of their own home/room when they are digging into big issues.
I like the fact that I don’t have to travel or even dress up to see my therapist. In terms of the actual therapy, it feels the same. I often feel so submerged in the video chat that it feels like we’re talking in person.
Does it work as well as in-person?
Yes, it does.
Who would you recommend not use online counseling?
People without reliable internet access. People who have visual or auditory processing issues that make internet communications difficult.